The Dark Tales of Obsydia

Also great news about a series of short stories I have done set in my world of A Familiar's Tale.
My first short story about Obsydia the Bloodstone Queen, called The Bloodstone Queen, was published in Aberrant Dreams webzine a few months back. I am happy to say there will be more short stories set during the Bloodstone Age in which the immortal Queen Obsydia ruled. I have always had a fascination for the dark fairy tale queens of old, and when I conceived of Obsydia, I wanted to create dark wicked beauty and power beyond imagination. A character of my own design in originality. I wanted unique and shadowy. I wanted a Queen of Shadows.
Obsydia, daughter of the dark god Ahridum and a mortal seer, born in a dark tower and woke 13 nights after her birth a fully grown woman. Her hair is literally shadow that curls around her death pale face of flawless beauty, silver moon eyes that see all, and lips red as blood. Red as blood is fairy tale speak, but it applies to Obsydia.
She will also play a significant part in my book series, A Familiar's Tale.
After all , in a world of heroes, there must be great evil to fight. Obsydia is that evil.
I wanted Obsydia to be the most primal of all wicked queens.
I will let you be the judge.


This is a darker time for my world in which evil had power and the heroes fought to being back the Light. The stories are set about a thousand years before the story in "Gate of Souls," though because of the magical rules of my world, you will meet some familiar characters that are in the Familiar's Tale series.
I hope you enjoy these tales.
Back to writing, after a drobba break.

Comments

Elaine said…
Verna, Just wanted to congratulate you again!! Way to go!

Elaine From Pipeline

Popular posts from this blog

A Familiar's Tale Reborn, War Poet, & Goblin Writing Guides & More

Tree of Bones Release, Goblin Rant: The Curse of Tropes, & Writing On Empty