A Successful Book Signing for "Gate of Souls"!

Greetings fans of all things Familiar!

So sorry that it's been a while since my last entry. I have been busy writing my third entry in my Familiar's Tale series, Fires of Rapiveshta, and editing the second, Tree of Bones.

I had a book signing recently at Borders Express bookstore at the Sun Valley Mall in Concord, CA. They are wonderful folks and so kind to let an unknown writer have a book signing, especially in these hard times. I was at first hesitant about a book signing, as I am not a well known writer (though I long to be princess of heroic fantasy tales) and this is my first published novel. But I am not shy either, and I managed to sell quite a few books in just a couple hours. I even surprised myself! I had such fun! And I sold many books! My husband, Rick, also took pictures which will be posted to site.

I must also thank the wonderful artists that created magnificent cover art-Henning Ludvigsen and Natascha Roeoesli-that attracted potential readers to my table. It is beautiful and the product of true artists. I also found that people are eager, even hungry, for a good new fantasy and my book attracted a variety of folks.

I also met some enthusiastic girls in their teens, desperate for a great female heroine to read about. My Runa (in Gate of Souls) is a very positive character and I know people will love her courage, humor, and strength. My book is aimed at fantasy readers of all ages, but I know this tale will appeal to girls desperate for a female heroine. I have my share of male heroes with characters like Darcus and Cathal, so this series will appeal to just about anyone who loves a good fantasy. And my wicked characters, such as Koll and Xabral, provide the danger and suspense. I also have new adversaries rising in my second book, Tree of Bones, but as I

am editing that book with my publisher, Joseph Dickerson, I must not say too much yet.

But now I feel confident that anywhere I go, whether it be a book signing or reading, I can soothe the bookseller's fears, as my book does sell quite well.

More blogging later. I promise not to be lazy. Really.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tree of Bones Release, Goblin Rant: The Curse of Tropes, & Writing On Empty

A Familiar's Tale Reborn, War Poet, & Goblin Writing Guides & More