Knotty Plots

Hello Familiar Friends,



Have been dealing with some knotty plots bumps on my Rose Greenleaf novel, Bard Maiden of Rhulon.  Oddly, having added a new character to the novel, a major one, has actually helped untangle the knot.   Now at first, it was an experiment and I thought it was going to ruin things and almost dropped this character.  But...it has opened up a whole lot of places for my main heroine, Rose Greenleaf to go.  It has challenged her, allowed me to get her where she needed to be,  and added some spice.  The character is fun.  He has written himself almost, his dialogue is clean and effortless, and he is taking Rose into the heart of conflict that is mandatory to the flow.   This character is a conduit from which I can lead Rose to places she could not be on her own without a reason, 
This happens to writers.  You think you have your book bible all laid out and things are set in stone.  Characters and their fates planned to perfection.  However, much like life, it does not always work out that way.  But sometimes, change actually makes things better.  The process can be grueling-like excessive amounts of cookies consumed while arguing with my laptop.  More later.  I have a book to finish.  Three chapter down last week.    Yeah me.

Verna McKinnon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Familiar's Tale Reborn, War Poet, & Goblin Writing Guides & More

Tree of Bones Release, Goblin Rant: The Curse of Tropes, & Writing On Empty