Write, Rinse, Repeat



 
Hello Familiar Friends!
 
 
I am currently a bit frenzied right now, as I am in a the wonderful and mystical state of writing flow.  The flow is a blissful and yet frenetic state of being.  Your book is whole in your mind, the story a rushing river through your brain synapses firing off events and conflicts and plot twists.  It means writing too, the actual process where I sit at my keyboard and type the tale. 
 
The state of getting there is a series of events that involve struggling through the first 3 chapters, character and story outlines, background and organization, piles of  scribbled notes on pastel sticky pads.  You go from having a notebook of interesting ideas and 3 rough chapters to something solid and viable.   This is good.   But it also demands attention and discipline now.  It demands the process to write.  No procrastination of watching Castle or Orphan Black, no tomorrow promises or I need a facial.  It is the stage where you must WRITE!
 
It is writing hardcore and sweaty.  Like the shampoo directions of old-lather, rinse, repeat.   So its now write, edit, rewrite.  Over and over as long as the chocolate chip cookies hold out.   I do this flow for each chapter in my process.  It is a 3 phased process that works best for me.  Also, always, no matter what, do a hard copy check before you move on.  You miss too much on the computer.  It is deceptive like a wicked genie in a tale.  Never trust it.  But you keep writing until the novel is finished.
 
So I must go back to the writing flow now.  Write, edit, repeat.  God, I hope I have enough cookies.
More later.
 
Verna McKinnon     
 

 
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tree of Bones Release, Goblin Rant: The Curse of Tropes, & Writing On Empty

A Familiar's Tale Reborn, War Poet, & Goblin Writing Guides & More