Publishing News!



Hello Familiar Friends,



Writing is a bloody business. It is demanding and draining. It makes you feel alive and it makes you feel hopeless. Can you tell that I have been busy writing? it does make you a little mad and after sending a mass of query letters to agents for another novel, I feel just a little tetchy. Because of this, I have been bad about blogging to my friends. I should be better at blogging, as it is a means for writers to share our thoughts and what we are up to, but I was immersed in telling stories. That is the business of writing for me. Because of this I have some good news to share.

I did a polish edit and major revisions on Tree of Bones (2nd entry in my Familiar's Tale trilogy) and submitted it to my publisher at Sky Warrior Books. Now I just need to wait for my favorite editor to have time on her schedule.

I submitted my high fantasy novel, Bardess of Rhulon, about a female Dwarven bard heroine named Rose Greenleaf to Sky Warrior books and was accepted. They optioned my whole trilogy for Rose Greenleaf and I signed the contracts this week. I am very excited. Dwarven female heroines are not common in the fantasy world and they should be.

I am now busy writing Fires of Rapiveshta, final entry in my Familiar's Tale trilogy. It will be sad to see it end, but my characters can always come back for a second trilogy with new story lines. The great thing about Fires of Rapiveshta is it will have dragons! Lots of dragons.

More to come. Now read more fantasy!!!

Cheers,

Verna McKinnon





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tree of Bones Release, Goblin Rant: The Curse of Tropes, & Writing On Empty

A Familiar's Tale Reborn, War Poet, & Goblin Writing Guides & More