Novel Quest: Writing Goals & Lost Time



Writing is a process that's different for everyone. Objectives, goals, plans, outlines, and chapter revisions all take up time and most of my mental strength. I just realized I had not done a blog post in months. Am sorry, fellow fantasy fans. I will try to be better. I am writing a novel and planning two more. My brain is crowded with ideas so I must focus. Hence my absence from blogging.

I love creating novels and fresh new characters. So I become absorbed in the process. I am nerdy about it as I compile and organize the character sheets and fantasy world plans. It is my geek girl life. It is a solitary act, as all writing is. But I like it that way. when I come up for air, I realize I have neglected things like blogging. I become lost in writing goals and time speeds on.

So as a writer, you need to figure out what works for you. Organizing your time is essential. I enjoy blogging about my writing and my favorite genres of fantasy and science fiction, but my writing comes first. If you are a writer, or want to be, you will understand that and embrace that.

So, until next time, read more fantasy! I also am posting my previously published short stories in Curious Fictions. It's a great site where authors can list their published novels and also post their previously published short stories. Here is the link to my section:  https://www.curiousfictions.com/authors/575

Cheers,

Verna McKinnon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tree of Bones Release, Goblin Rant: The Curse of Tropes, & Writing On Empty

A Familiar's Tale Reborn, War Poet, & Goblin Writing Guides & More